From: February 21, 2012 9:00 AM
To: February 21, 2012 1:30 PM
The Entrepreneurship: Creating the Future event was developed by the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) and Marist College. The event will be held Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 9:00am at Marist's newly built Hancock Center. The event is supported by the National Science Foundation's Partnerships for Innovation program.
Designed specifically for entrepreneurs and/or executives transitioning from another field, this course will help participants discover what they need to consider in starting, operating, funding, or growing a clean energy technology-based business. This course will not only help participants uncover the answers to their questions, it also helps them determine what to ask. Save time and money by determining the feasibility of your business concept before you launch.
- Determine market opportunities and business strategies and pursue them successfully;
- Define target customers;
- Develop a solid marketing plan;
- Learn to assess and build a top management team;
- Calculate the funding needed at each stage of a business and discover the best ways to access it;
- Hone elevator pitches and investor presentations.
The program facilitators are knowledgeable entrepreneurs and technology faculty at accredited institutions with an in-depth understanding of growing a business. They will enable entrepreneurs and transitioning executives to evaluate ventures and find financing to build a sustainable business.