Pre-register for CNSE Community Day
CNSE is giving residents of the Capital Region, Tech Valley and New York State an up-close look at the exciting world of nanotechnology, including its growing impact on our daily lives and how education, research, development and commercialization at CNSE is driving economic growth across the state.
CNSE's Community Day will offer guests a unique opportunity to receive a firsthand look at CNSE's Albany NanoTech Complex, which is the most advanced research enterprise of its kind at any university in the world: an ever-expanding $12 billion, 800,000-square-foot megaplex that attracts corporate partners from around the world and offers students a one-of-a-kind educational experience.
Both adults and children will have the opportunity to interact with CNSE students, faculty and staff, and to participate in a variety of activities that promote a greater understanding of nanotechnology, including:
- Tours of the cutting-edge cleanroom facilities
- Hands-on polymer experiments
- Cleanroom gowning demonstrations
- A Kid's Corner featuring several kid-friendly activities relating to nanotechnology
- Sustainable Energy Activities
- Nanotechnology overview presentations
- Displays showcasing research in CNSE's constellations, including health care, energy, electronics and economics
Additionally, event attendees will learn about the NanoCollege expansion, NanoFab Xtension, part of which will house the world’s first Global 450mm Consortium, will add nearly 500,000 square feet of next-generation infrastructure, an additional 50,000 square feet of Class 1 capable cleanrooms, and more than 1,000 scientists, researchers and engineers from CNSE and global corporations.