Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
|Position Title: ||
Environmental Engineer - Albany
Description of Duties:
The Environmental Engineer duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide technical guidance to ensure new facilities are constructed in compliance with existing permits and applicable laws and regulations.
- Research and apply applicable regulations to determine permitting requirements and regulatory applicability for new tools, operations and systems.
- Ensure compliance with the onsite permits, registrations and regulations; such may include but are not limited to: Hazardous Waste Management, Air facility registration, Bulk Chemical Storage, Petroleum Bulk Storage, Industrial Waste Water discharge permit, Storm water permit, DOT Hazardous Materials Security Plan and related regulations.
- Prepare necessary weekly, monthly and/or annual reports to maintain compliance with onsite permits, registrations and licenses.
- Perform necessary weekly, monthly and/or annual inspections to maintain compliance with onsite permits, registrations and regulations.
- Prepare for and participate in audits, inspections, and develop/guide/assist in resolution of findings.
- Interact with agency officials, operations, and facilities personnel to drive implementation of EHS compliance and process improvements.
- Prepare and deliver EHS training as needed.
- Provide environmental compliance support to all CNSE operating locations including but not limited to Halfmoon SEDC, and Canandaigua STC.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, environmental science, or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization AND/OR relevant military training and experience AND a minimum 6 years of experience in regulatory and environmental fields with preference given for those who have worked in the semiconductor industry and/or university settings. Must have strong computer skills, experience in computer data bases and excellent oral and written communication capabilities. Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- Regulatory compliance experience in New York State
- Experience managing compliance for air pollution sources, including documenting regulatory applicability determinations, verifying process streams, understanding mitigation and controls devices, performing emissions monitoring, and calculating air emissions.
- A relevant advanced degree.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Environmental Engineer - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-63
Budget Title: Engineer
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List