Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
|Position Title: ||
Grants Specialist- Labor Distribution - Albany
Description of Duties:
The Grants Specialist for Labor Distribution is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the labor distribution process to ensure all labor related expenditures for Research Foundation activity at the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) are appropriate allocated in accordance with all applicable policies, guidelines, and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and approve all labor distribution activity for Research Foundation payroll. Make determinations on available funding and appropriateness of charge.
- Review and approve release time and cost sharing to ensure compliance with federal regulations and sponsor requirements.
- Review supporting materials for all new and renewed grants and contracts to become familiar with the project subject, budget, and timeframes, the reporting requirements, expenditure restrictions, and any unique stipulations of the project and funding sponsor, and the renewal, extension, or termination provisions of the agreement.
- Assist other Labor Distribution staff; inclusive of providing training and guidance related to policies, procedures and regulations; monitoring workload; review and approve vacation/leave requests; conduct performance reviews as required.
- Achieve and maintain proficiency in all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations relating to the administration of payroll on grants and contracts. This is inclusive of all internal, campus, Research Foundation, sponsor specific and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain unit procedures related to labor distribution and effort reporting.
- Communicate regularly with CNSE finance staff and other sponsored funds administrative staff regarding labor distribution issues as well as any new or changing policies, procedure, or regulations.
- Monitor payroll suspense and payroll shortages to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken in a timely manner.
- Monitor payroll overpayments for proper allocation of expense.
- Ensure Effort Reporting compliance requirements are met according to all applicable policies and regulations.
- Respond to inquiries or requests for assistance from CNSE finance staff as they relate to labor distribution and effort reporting.
- Prepare materials and respond to audit inquiries for internal, sponsor, federal, or state audits.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization OR equivalent AND two years professional experience in a similar position. Individual must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment; have strong organization and communication stills; and have experience with Microsoft Office or an equivalent software suite. Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Relevant grant or sponsored research experience and knowledge of Oracle Software.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Grants Specialist- Labor Distribution - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R-13-68
Budget Title: Sponsored Program Assistant II
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List