Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
|Position Title: ||
Troy - CNSE CMOST - Vice President of SUNY CNSE Children’s Museum of Science and Technology
Description of Duties:
The SUNY CNSE Children’s Museum of Science and Technology (CNSE CMOST), currently located Troy, New York, was integrated into SUNY CNSE in February of 2013 to support and enhance CMOST’s mission to “instill a sense of wonder and discovery in young minds, inspiring a lifelong exploration of science and technology,” and is part of SUNY CNSE’s mission to provide pioneering nanotechnology education and prepare New York’s future workforce with a comprehensive education of the highest quality. Founded in 1954 by the Junior League of Troy, SUNY CNSE CMOST reaches more than 80,000 visitors annually and is ranked as one of the top 20 science centers in the nation by Parents magazine.
The Vice President of SUNY CNSE Children’s Museum of Science and Technology (CMOST) will embrace and champion the mission and vision of the SUNY CNSE Museum. Duties will include, but not be limited to: Leadership and oversight of the educational and operational program development for SUNY CNSE’s Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. Establish networking opportunities and establish and remain active in professional and membership organizations and community groups as the SUNY CNSE spokesperson to build community awareness, while broadening donor and referral sources. Work with the Board of Directors and the Planning and Development committees in the planning and execution of all exhibit, fundraising and member events, including the Anniversary Celebration event and the Annual Appeal fundraiser. Serve as a spokesperson for the museum. Maintain an extensive awareness of the museum’s constituents, programs, features, benefits and marketing/presentation materials. Work with Board to create annual organizational budget and monitor ongoing cash flow. Prepare financial materials for annual audit. Act as the liaison between operational and educational staff and the Board of Directors and Development committee. Other reasonable duties as assigned. Manage the relocation of the museum to SUNY CNSE site and advise on the design of SUNY CNSE CMOST’s substantially expanded exhibit, educational, fabrication and storage facilities and amenities. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Museum Studies) from a University or College accredited by the US Dept. of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization AND/OR at least 10 years of leadership experience in a related children’s/science museum or relevant field.
- At least ten years’ experience with demonstrated results in organizational development and fiscal management. Experience working in a leadership role in a non-profit organization with direct interaction with the board of directors.
- Requires a proven record of accomplishment in building development programs and achieving goals.
- Key Competencies: Leadership, engaging, persuasive, goal-oriented, action-oriented, presentation and written communication skills, business acumen, high integrity, political savvy, creative, strategic thinker, listening and communicating, engaging personality, cooperative team player.
- Candidates must have a successful record of formulating and implementing fundraising strategies that includes corporate support, large donors, endowments, and granting institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers
- Exceptional understanding of advanced functions of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, and social networks
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Vice President of SUNY CNSE Children’s Museum of Science and Technology - Troy
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-09
Budget Title: Project Administrative Officer
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List