Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Industrial Hygienist - Albany
- Identifying, evaluating, and control potential health, safety, and environmental hazards associated with new and existing facilities and processes to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Providing expert advice and industrial hygiene monitoring services (chemical, physical, and biological agents such as but not limited to: Arsenic, Cadmium, OSHA 13 select carcinogens, Tungsten, III/V chemicals, Gallium, Magnetic fields, radioactive isotopes, Formaldehyde, Methylene Chloride, nanomaterials, carbon nanotubes, fullerenes, etc)
- Act as radiation and laser safety officers. Maintain general radiation license. Survey radiation producing equipment and collect wipe samples from radioactive sources.
- Identifying and preventing exposures that may cause workplace injuries or illnesses
- Applying scientific knowledge to anticipate hazardous conditions that could cause an adverse health effect on a worker or the environment
- Recognizing existing hazards and predict the likelihood of their effects
- Combining professional judgment and measurements to evaluates hazards and determine methods for preventing or controlling them
- Evaluating and recommending controls needed for working within all levels of bio-safety laboratories
- Evaluating and recommending controls needed for installing and using Photovoltaic equipment
- Reviewing and commenting on third party Semi S2 evaluations, HAZOP or risk assessments
- Preforming regulatory audits with analysis and follow-up of results
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
A Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or a bachelor’s degree from a College or University accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization in engineering, safety, industrial hygiene, chemistry, biology, health sciences and 6+ years experience in the field of industrial hygiene. Must possess excellent communication skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office computer programs This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may be subject to annual background investigations. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Industrial Hygienist
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-36
Budget Title: Engineer
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List