Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Troy - CNSE CMOST - Member & Guest Relations Specialist (Part-time)
This position will be physically located at CNSE’s Children's Museum of Science and Technology in Troy, NY. The duties of the Member & Guest Relations Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain efficient operation of the admissions desk including opening and closing cash register and counting register daily (admissions and gift shop)
- Providing a friendly welcome to all museum visitors
- Assisting customers with admissions and gift shop payments, processing payments using cash register (cash, check, credit cards)
- Increasing sales of museum membership by ensuring visitors know the value of a museum membership
- Having in depth knowledge of museum pricing structure and all discount opportunities; maintaining current knowledge of membership sales procedures and special promotions
- Having and in depth knowledge of and keeping visitors well informed, both through museum brochures and through conversation in person and on the phone, about museum programs and function; keeping front desk area and gift shop organized and attractive, keeping museum brochure racks tidily stocked with current information; and helping resolve guest questions and complaints
- Monitor the Gift Shop inventory, make appropriate orders in partnership with the Director of Operations
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two years experience with demonstrated results in dealing with museum members and guests
- Possess extensive knowledge of Windows Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers
- Physical environment is moderately paced and requires sitting for sustained periods of time, lifting to 50 pounds and fingering associated with typical office tasks such as typing
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Member & Guest Relations Specialist (Part-time) - Troy
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-64
Budget Title: Office Aide
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List