Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Senior Museum Educator - Troy
The duties of the museum educator include, but are not limited to:
- Teach group programs, birthday parties, scout programs and special workshops
- Facilitate, supervise and teach about the use of exhibits such as “Skyline Toolbox”
- Be a key part of the team that develops and evaluates various museum educational programs, events and activities that educate and excite children in learning about science.
- Using the results of the evaluation of programming, recommend upgrades and improvements to programming, events and workshops.
- Collaborate on planning and implementation of programming including workshops and family activities, community festivals and events.
- Greet and welcome all museum visitors
- Ensure that all museum rules and procedures are being followed, including emergency procedures.
- Provide a valuable educational experience for museum visitors making sure that each visitor wants to return to the museum.
- Be familiar with and able to provide all aspects of customer service relating to groups and general public.
- Maintaining clean and orderly classrooms and museum exhibit areas.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings
- Develop new contacts for outreach programming
- Train volunteers and interns
- Plan and deliver impactful programming to outside groups including scout troops, church groups, library groups and school classrooms
- Develop new contacts for Museum programming
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two years experience with demonstrated results in education and museum related work. Bachelor’s degree in education or a science related field is desired as well as teaching experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess extensive knowledge of Windows Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers.
- Physical environment is moderately paced and requires sitting for sustained periods of time, lifting to 40 pounds and administrative duties associated with typical office tasks such as typing.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Senior Museum Educator - Troy
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-06
Budget Title: Trainer
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List