Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for CNSE.
|Position Title: ||
Facilities Technician/Shipping & Receiving Associate - Rochester
Description of Duties:
This position provides facilities support and coordinates the shipping & receiving operations. This position will be physically located at SUNY CNSE’s Solar MDF in the Rochester, NY area.
- Coordinates all shipping & receiving: invoices/waybills, etc., packages items, UPS, FedEx.
- Providing support for industrial maintenance, troubleshooting and repair in the areas of power generation and electrical distribution, commercial air conditioning and/or commercial refrigeration, HVAC systems, pumping, fire protection systems, waste water treatment operations, RO/DI water systems, central compressed air and vacuum systems, and plumbing.
- Completes work order requests as per the priorities set by the Facilities Supervisor or the Director of EHS & Facilities. Assists with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, including maintenance requirements and regulatory required documentation as mandated by quality management systems, building code, fire code, OSHA, EPA or other regulating authorities.
- Providing “on-call” support as well as potential multi-shift support as needed. Executing on the preventive maintenance program as prioritized by the Facilities Supervisor.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of the annual shutdown. Assisting as requested or needed on Facilities projects. Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND a minimum one year experience with shipping & receiving which includes preparing invoices/waybills, package items, UPS, FedEx, etc. or related experience and/or training and experience with maintenance and HVAC machinery; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry; ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; must have knowledge of Word Processing software. Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Ms. Janice Correa
Search for Facilities Technician/Shipping & Receiving Associate - Rochester
5450 Campus Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14454
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-47
Budget Title: Services Worker II
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List