Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
|Position Title: ||
Student Affairs Recruitment and Public Education Associate - Albany
Description of Duties:
The duties of the Student Affairs Recruitment and Public Education Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Working with faculty and staff to further expand the educational outreach mission at CNSE, such as:
- CNSE Childrens Museum of Science and Technology (CMOST)
- Partnership with Girls Inc. of the Greater Capital Region, which will serve to address the critical need to promote the role of women in science
- Collaborating with Tech Valley High School (TVHS) and the City of Albany School District on joint educational activities with CNSE
- Serve as a member of the CNSE College Senate’s Educational Outreach and Internships Council regarding educational programming and internships at CMOST
- Other potential partnerships
- Collaborating with CMOST in the transition to the CNSE campus and the pursuit of external funding and program development.
- Under direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs, coordinating the transition of Tech Valley High School to the CNSE campus as it relates to student affairs and outreach.
- Assisting CMOST and TVHS with their educational and museum exhibit collaboration.
- Assisting in the development and execution of coordinated series of programs and initiatives that support and enhance CNSE’s K-12 educational outreach, and convey mission, vision, impact and importance of CNSE and nanotechnology with emphasis on teacher development.
- Develop, promote, and implement practices and initiatives in support of CNSE's outreach and recruitment of highly qualified students with emphasis on women and underrepresented social groups in science and engineering.
- Partnering with the CNSE Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Professional and Corporate Recruitment and Outreach to develop and strengthen strategic partnerships that further the CNSE outreach mission (i.e. Junior Achievement and Girls Inc. of the Greater Capital Region), and to act as backup for said programs as needed.
- Collaborating with Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Student Recruitment and Admissions and Director of Student Services to develop recruitment programs and act as backup for any recruitment functions, tours, open house programs, etc., when needed.
- Developing data analysis for CNSE’s Student Services pursuits
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in educational administration, college student personnel, or related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. DOE or other internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Proficiency with MS office suite
- At least 2 years’ experience in a higher education setting
- Familiarity with FERPA
- Demonstrated ability to project and handle matters with a highly professional and confidential demeanor
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and highly accurate manner in all verbal and written interactions
- Ability to explain science, technology, engineering and mathematical concepts to youth and the general public
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent written and spoken communication skills to include clear, concise, and highly accurate delivery
- Ability and desire to function in a fast paced, dynamic, and culturally diverse atmosphere
- Ability to employ appropriate discretion in all interactions and distinguish priorities
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- A Master’s Degree in teaching or a science-related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience in program planning, curriculum development, and program evaluation.
- Experience in research, data collection, and proposal writing.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for Student Affairs Recruitment and Public Education Associate - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-04
Budget Title: Project Staff Assistant
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List