Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
|Position Title: ||
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager - Albany
Description of Duties:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Environmental Health and Safety, the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manger will provide leadership to three members of the EHS organization; implement and develop EHS protocols, procedures and training programs and maintain existing CNSE EHS programs. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recognizing and eliminating biological, chemical, physical, radiological and environmental health and safety hazards; facilitating compliance with OSHA, EPA, DEC, DOL, DOH, NYS Building and Fire Codes; reviewing and interpreting federal and state safety, toxic and hazardous materials guides and regulations and conducting on-site inspections to identify deficiencies; making recommendations for compliance; and working with appropriate CNSE and tenant groups to ensure compliance with safety and health regulations.
- Reviewing construction permits and tool installation drawings, signing-off on new tool installations and building modifications and aiding in the investigation of all complaints alleging the existence of conditions in violation of the code.
- Coordinating the inspection of fire equipment, aiding in the maintenance and operation procedures for life safety systems, performing fire drills and maintaining required records where necessary and providing assistance with the coordination of the annual fire inspection conducted by Office of Fire Prevention and Control (OFPC).
- Monitoring and implementing the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) and other related EHS laws; providing training and support service in matters dealing with health and safety issues; scheduling, assisting and/or conducting required training and maintaining appropriate records to ensure compliance.
- In association with the Associate Director of EHS, the EHS manager will act as a liaison with external agencies and with tenant organizations as it relates to environmental health and safety issues and will serve on various on-site safety related committees.
- The EHS manager will have three H&S engineers reporting directly to her. The EHS manager will provide oversight and guidance to such staff and the programs they are responsible for and set goals/objectives for them. The EHS manager plans to meet with the H&S staff on a weekly basis to ensure that they are meeting their goals; that necessary metrics are delivered to the Associate Director of EHS and to address any issues that may arise. Major programs the H&S staff are responsible for but not limited to are as follows:
- Illness and injuries program,
- Respiratory protection,
- Hazard Communication,
- Hearing Conservation program,
- Tool installation review and sign-off program,
- Electrical Safety Program
- Lockout Tagout Program
- Radiation Safety programs.
- Confined Space Entry Program
- Crane Safety program
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
A Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a bachelor’s degree from a College or University accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization in engineering, safety, industrial hygiene, chemistry, biology, health sciences and 6+ years experience in the field of EHS. Must possess excellent communication skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office computer programs. Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Prior Semiconductor industry experience is desirable.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-62
Budget Title: Engineer
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List