Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Albany - Accounts Payable Processing Clerk
Perform accounts payable entry functions for the Sponsored Program Administration office as well as provide clerical assistance with all aspects of financial management of grants and contracts.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process all accounts payable transactions and accounts payable related transactions inclusive of direct vendor billings, campus credit card invoices, Campus Service Recharge invoices, zero clearing invoices, category refund requests, Purchase order closure, as well as cost transfers. Ensure all appropriate approvals have been received and process timely and accurately in the Research Foundation business system and in accordance with RF and SPA policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance and use of SUNY Polytechnic Institute’s (SUNY Poly) Oracle based supplier file. Duties include locating or obtaining supplier information, as well as creating or editing supplier record information in accordance with RF policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting with the maintenance of office files related to award documents, purchase orders, as well as payment documents. This task includes not only the creation of new files as appropriate, but also the maintenance and organization of such, inclusive of photocopying, filing, and refiling payment or award information. File maintenance also includes periodic reorganization of files as awards cycle, as well as archiving records off campus.
- Assist other Sponsored Program Administration staff with various functions, inclusive of locating grant and contract folders, payment documentation, as well as copying, faxing, scanning, or filing.
- Receive and appropriately respond to or route inquiries from vendors, sponsors, project staff, RF administrative staff, and University administrative staff regarding invoices, payments, or other financial management related requests.
- Other duties as assigned. It is expected that this position, as all positions at SUNY Poly may at times be asked to assist in other duties not specifically outlined in this job description. It is expected that staff willingly assist their colleagues and management to the best of their abilities and within the expectations of their position.SUNY Poly also reserves the right to reevaluate and reassign duties based on the changing demands of the office, either permanently of temporarily.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
Incumbent must have earned a High school diploma and have three years data entry or accounts payable experience. Individual must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment; work both independently as well as with a team; have strong organization and communication stills; and have experience with Microsoft Office or an equivalent software suite. Candidate must address in their application their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for Accounts Payable Processing Clerk - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-34
Budget Title: Clerk II
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List