Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
|Position Title: ||
Coordinator for Diversity and Inclusion; Title IX Coordinator - Albany
Description of Duties:
The Coordinator for Diversity and Inclusion; Title IX Coordinator will promote equal employment opportunity as well as ensure compliance, oversight and best practices to build on SUNY CNSE’s diverse, supportive, inclusive and equal opportunity workforce in support of public private research, development, education and commercialization at SUNY CNSE.
Duties include, but will not limited to:
- Ensure compliance and applicable reporting requirements with all related and governing Federal and State employment legislation to include but may not be limited to Executive Orders, CRA Title VII, EEOC, OFCCP, ADEA, ADA, VEVRAA, etc..
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource for the SUNY CNSE community on recruitment practices that ensure that searches are conducted in an equitable and inclusive manner.
- Audit the search materials and provide ongoing oversight of the search process. Identify areas of underutilization and bring qualified minority candidates to the search committee’s attention and provide education to the CNSE SUNY community on the benefits of a diverse employee population and the need to recruit minority candidates.
- Establish partnerships with academic institutions and training programs serving minority populations, create innovative recruitment programs, set up clear accountability measures, and design and provide effective training.
- Develop the SUNY CNSE annual Affirmative Action Plan as required by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP); monitor recruitment efforts in relation to the goals laid out in the plan; determine areas of weakness and develop strategies to improve; act as a liaison with the OFCCP in regards to audits.
- Develop a network of organizations and contacts that serve minority populations and present to outside groups on the benefits of employment at CNSE and the types of career opportunities that are present.
Serving as the Title IX Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation and monitoring of compliance with Title IX legislation, regulation, and case law. Oversee monitoring of RF and CNSE policy in relation to Title IX law developments.
- Development and implementation of grievance procedures, including notification, investigation and disposition of complaints. Conduct and/or coordinate investigations pursuant to Title IX; ensuring a fair and neutral process for all parties; and monitoring all other aspects of CNSEs Title IX compliance.
- Provision of educational materials and training for the campus community,
- Assist with any other employee relations matters as needed.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field from a college or university accredited by US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization AND a minimum of five years of professionally responsible relevant experience; experience recruiting in a EO/AA/IRCA/ADA environment; knowledge of relevant law and federal and New York State mandated policies and procedures; demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration; demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office; excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to speak publically and develop professional networks. Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
General understanding of recruiting in a technical industry: semiconductor, photovoltaic and biosciences and the types of positions and recruitment challenges/strategies in those fields as well as in research, development, education and commercialization.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Coordinator for Diversity and Inclusion; Title IX Coordinator - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-51
Budget Title: Human Resources Coordinator
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List