Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Vice President for Strategic Communications and Public Relations - Albany
The Vice President for Strategic Communications and Public Relations is responsible for development, refinement, enhancement of a variety of strategic and tactical vehicles to create and support overarching SUNY CNSE and Research Foundation for SUNY policy, communication, strategy, and public relations in the realm of government interactions and partnerships in support of public private partnerships, research, development, education, and commercialization.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, foster and maintain SUNY CNSE RF communications with local, regional, statewide, national, international, global media, government officials, economic development agencies, key stakeholders and various other organizations. This includes pursuing opportunities to showcase SUNY CNSE’s Research Foundation for SUNY activity to key stakeholders to build support in Albany, NYS, Washington D.C. and beyond; including international support
- Oversee and lead SUNY CNSE’s RF related marketing and communications’ efforts in the context of SUNY CNSE as a statewide entity, including across/for each of its distributed campuses/locations in Albany, Utica, Rochester, etc.
- Serve as a recognized representative/public face of SUNY CNSE’s RF operations in a variety of venues, i.e. business, technology, academic, and/or community organizations and entities.
- Explore and pursue venues and vehicles to deliver messages supporting strategic growth of SUNY CNSE and related Research Foundation for SUNY reputation and recognition.
- Oversight, fostering and strengthening public relations in support of policy development.
- Oversee SUNY CNSE RF related national and international public affairs communications in all forms of media.
- Increase recognition of SUNY CNSE’s RF related research, development, educational, commercialization and economic outreach mission in all forms of media that support and maximize the reputation and growth of SUNY CNSE.
- Act as the primary interface for all CNSE RF activity for all media under the realm of community outreach, education, and R & D.
- Supervise SUNY CNSE RF communication services to develop, create, refine, and execute protocols within communication services to support marketing activities with Research Foundation staff and SUNY CNSE using social media and other venues for promoting SUNY CNSE ensuring consistent messaging and branding. Communication services also includes speech writing, presentation preparation, and preparation of other materials needed by executives and other stakeholders within SUNY CNSE and RF for SUNY. Also, create communication materials for target audiences such as government officials, high ranking academicians, and industry partners
- Create media and marketing materials consistent with the furthering exposure, recognition and development of SUNY CNSE’s RF operation as a world class, internationally recognized educational and R and D institution.
- Oversight of media and marketing outreach, communications, and special events
- Give tours of the site and engage in other activities site wide to market and communicate SUNY CNSE’s and RF’s vision, mission and values.
- Travel to meetings, trade and press events, conferences etc… locally and overnight.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
B.A./B.S. in public relations, media and marketing, communications or equivalent from a college or University accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization AND at least 10 years’ experience in media, marketing and communications or government relations with a minimum of 5 years in an executive/management/leadership position.
Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to convey messages and information clearly, concisely and that are in support of the vision, mission and values of SUNY CNSE and the Research Foundation for SUNY. Must possess the flexibility and capacity to oversee, prioritize and execute a variety of strategic initiatives and projects across multiple locations concurrently. Must possess the ability to develop and execute communications and marketing programs in support of high-profile initiatives and projects; have the ability to proactively explore, embrace, and execute new media platforms to disseminate information about SUNY CNSE RF related initiatives and programs.
Must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities to effectively supervise a team of professional employees. Must be able to demonstrate creativity in marketing strategies as evidenced by the reception of marketing messages and communications.
Must be able to travel both on site and off site to events, give tours and various other activities that are under the auspices of media, marketing and communications. Must be able to respond to requests or questions outside of normally scheduled work hours.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks. Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Vice President for Strategic Communications and Public Relations - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-53
Budget Title: Project Administrative Officer
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List