Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Site Services Custodial Support Technician - Albany
The Site Services Custodial Support Technician will provide site-wide custodial support including the cleanroom and laboratory environments as well as office space and public areas. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions of all public areas.
- Clean restrooms daily; disinfect toilets, sinks, etc. (Checked throughout the day.)
- Replace paper products, refill hand-washing soap in rest rooms. (Checked throughout the day.)
- Clean carpets, strip and apply floor wax using appropriate cleaning machines as directed.
- Clean walls, doors, windows and dust as directed
- Stock/order supplies
- Pick-up and dispose of trash consistent with institutional standards.
- Mop/vacuum floors daily or as directed. (When required use auto-scrubber)
- Mop any liquid spills or leaks that occur. Assist in any major spills and leaks site-wide.
- Assist with recycling program in keeping with Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) standards.
- Assist security of facility by reporting suspicious activity. As well as escorting any visitors who have not been properly checked-in to the security control center.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor regarding any maintenance related issues as they become present in assigned area.
- Assist with snow removal at building entryways. Salt entryways to reduce slips and falls. (During winter months)
- Assist with conduct of special events as concerned with cleaning duties and general conference assistance. This requires effectively working with co-workers to complete the tasks for special events. Many of these events are after hours and on weekends
- Maintain a professional and orderly janitor closet. Chemicals must be stored according to OSHA regulations.
At times, based on business necessity, this position will be assigned to work within the Cleanroom. When in the Cleanroom the duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Mop/vacuum floors daily or as directed using special Cleanroom techniques and cleanroom cleaning products.
- Perform particle counts as directed
- Provide cleaned Cleanroom garments each week
- Throw out trash; remove chemical wastes.
- Each year perform entire Cleanroom scrub down that includes ceilings, walls, etc.
- Assist Contractors during equipment installation to ensure/monitor that Cleanroom practices are followed.
- Assist where needed to wipe down materials or tools that enter Cleanroom
- Perform minor mechanical tasks such as replacing light bulbs, installing first aid kits
- Mop any liquid spills or leaks that occur
- Clean walls, doors, windows and dust as directed using special Cleanroom Techniques and products.
- Monitor that all entering Cleanroom are properly gowned and certified.
- Certify individuals follow Cleanroom protocols.
- Communicate and provide service to tenants in assigned area.
- Assist the maintenance of fire safety by immediately reporting potential fire safety compromise situations to Security; assist to mitigate
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
The position requires a knowledge of professional cleaning techniques AND relevant experience in custodial or janitorial fields; basic mechanical ability (i.e. can use screwdriver, wrench); fluency in English and ability to write basic communication messages; must be able to maintain excellent communication with peers and also with clients for whom cleaning services are performed; must have ability to use cell phone; be willing to work on weekdays, weekends, and evenings in support of operational needs; have the ability to lift up to 50 lb containers safely and efficiently; stand for the majority of the shift and work occasionally outdoors; strong customer service, especially when working on confidential matters. Candidates must also address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for Site Services Custodial Support Technician
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R12-65
Budget Title: Services Worker I
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List