Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for CNSE.
|Position Title: ||
Silicon Solar Metrology Engineer - Rochester
Description of Duties:
This position will be physically located at SUNY CNSE’s Solar MDF distributed location in the Rochester, NY area. Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The safe operation of the metrology equipment associated with Crystalline Silicon based photovoltaic cells. Safe use of Crystalline Silicon materials and precursors.
- Work with the other scientists and engineers to enable metrology and metrology research and development of Crystalline Silicon and the associated layers in the film stacks. Many of the measurements will be done using dedicated equipment in Solar MDF facility. Potential methods are X-Ray Fluorescence, ellipsometry, in-situ measurements, photoluminescence, This will also include occasional use of the equipment in optical physics lab. When necessary the scientist/engineer will work with staff scientists, graduate students and post-doctoral fellow(s) when conducting experiments in methods such as X-ray diffraction, X-ray fluorescence, and ellipsometry. Work may involve in-situ methods. The work is focused on development of methods that can be used in both materials development and manufacturing.
- Communication of the results of the research and development to the Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Manufacturing Development Facility Executive staff and associated boards is an essential. Good written and oral communication skills are key attributes. As a staff scientist/engineer, incumbent will be expected to also co-author and publish in high quality journals in the field of metrology of Crystalline Silicon.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum of associate’s degree in a relevant technical field from a college or university accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization; AND two to five years of equivalent experience; OR equivalent educational and professional experience and training associated in a highly technical/engineering environment. The determination to the applicability and relevance of the candidate’s qualifications resides solely with SUNY CNSE. Candidate must have good mechanical skills, excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft word and Excel, possess good written communication skills, be well organized with attention to detail, have the ability work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment as well as be available for overtime work. Must also have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and possess ability to work in laboratory, clean room, and/or factory environment. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- Experience in an R&D or Laboratory environment is desired;
- Experience in supporting vacuum deposition production equipment from Semiconductor, Hard Disk, Optics, or Flat Panel Display Industries is highly desirable;
- Hands on tool use when servicing factory or prototype equipment
- Understand fundamental vacuum technology for high vacuum systems.
- Understanding of system operations for Crystalline Silicon based photovoltaic cells.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Ms. Janice Correa
Search for Silicon Solar Metrology Engineer - Rochester
5450 Campus Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14454
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-45
Budget Title: Engineer
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List