Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Information Security Officer - Albany
The Information Security Officer (ISO) is responsible for oversight, monitoring and compliance of all information and data security at the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) including security policies, best practices, and privacy protections. The ISO is responsible for compliance with federal, New York State and Research Foundation policies and regulations. The ISO will assess, recommend actions and assure appropriate implementation to minimize all vulnerabilities within the information technology infrastructure. The ISO will assure the appropriate use of the CNSE information resources and will educate all CNSE employees about their information security and privacy protection responsibilities. The ISO has the primary responsibility in developing and maintaining an effective information security program and will also assist CNSE management in related information technology and data processing operations. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- BS Computer Science, Systems Analysis or similar degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- At least 7 years Information and / or Network Security Management
- Working knowledge of and experience in the policy and regulatory environment of information security.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of management and the user community
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Information Security Officer
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-37
Budget Title: Senior Programmer Analyst (Project)
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List