Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
|Position Title: ||
SUNY CNSE CMOST Part time Development Associate (20 hours per week) - Troy
Description of Duties:
This position will be physically located at SUNY CNSE’s Children's Museum of Science and Technology in Troy, NY. The duties of the Part-time Community Development Associate include, but are not limited to:
The position will assist the director of operations in various activities related to fund raising and marketing. The development associate will be involved with communicating with members, supporters and donors. S/he will assist in planning and executing special events such as the annual gala and various “friend-raising” activities. The position will carry out all of the Museum’s social media communications such as Constant Contact and the Museum’s Facebook page. The person will research various grant opportunities. The position will assist in building the membership program. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- At least one year of working for a non-profit organization in a development department
- Familiarity with managing social media campaigns and data bases.
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Experience in planning and executing special events
- Excellent writing skills and familiarity with office software. Must be able to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on several projects at one time.
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Prefer a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the US Dept of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for SUNY CNSE CMOST Part time Development Associate - Troy
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-02
Budget Title: Office Aide
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List