Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Albany - Vice President for Finance - Fuller Road Management Corporation (FRMC)
The Vice President for Finance manages all aspects of FRMC financial administration and, whenever necessary, closely coordinates with the FRMC President, Counsel and Treasurer.
The FRMC Vice President: (1) oversees and directs the day-to-day activity of the FRMC Finance Office; (2) manages financial statement and annual plan preparation; (3) manages assets and debt; (4) oversees contracts; (5) maintains enterprise risk management; (6) oversees insurance programs; (7) manages construction project financing; (8) directs compliance reporting; and (9) performs such other duties as needed and/or as the Board may direct as are reasonably incident to the FRMC Finance Office.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Construction Project Financing: Responsibilities include preparing proposals which include viable alternative financing arrangements for development, maintenance and improvement to world-class nanotechnology cleanrooms, labs, collaborative space and research and academic areas for SUNY Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly)
- Managing Assets and Debt: Responsibilities include controlling cash, both associated with capital construction projects and working capital, to optimize return on funds while meeting liquidity needs; overseeing banking relationships, including assessing performance of financial advisors; monitoring debt load and compliance with required debt covenants; assessing alternatives for existing debt; participating in planning, structuring and executing joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions as needed; maintaining effective systems for accounting for plant, property and equipment assets
- Overseeing Contracts: Responsibilities including ensuring that procurement of goods and services are done in accordance with required procedures to promote cost effectiveness and best value; ensuring that lease terms are complied with, including determining that rents are paid in accordance with specified terms; ensuring that necessary facility use agreements are in place including required insurance coverage; determining that revenues due for food service and catering agreements are remitted fully and timely; taking a lead in negotiations of terms and conditions that address the advanced research and development, job creation, Minority and Women Owned Business participation and community involvement that are the policy goals of SUNY Poly
- Managing Financial and Annual Plan Preparation: Responsibilities include directing the completion of the FRMC annual financial statements in conformity to generally accepted accounting principles and serving as the primary liaison with the external auditor in the independent examination of the statements; directing the completion of the Annual Operating Plan as set forth in FRMC bylaws in a manner that shows the revenue and expenditure projects for the upcoming year the forecast for the completion of the current fiscal year and the comparative results of the prior year, including a Capital Plan component that shows projects to be funded as part of the upcoming year
- Maintains Enterprise Risk Management: Responsibilities include developing and maintaining an ongoing process of assessing various financial risks, estimating their likelihood of occurrence and identifying cost effective solutions, controls and procedures to mitigate those unacceptable risks that have a high likelihood of occurrence; monitoring established controls to assess compliance and to determine where corrective actions are needed
- Directing Compliance Reporting: Responsibilities include ensuring that reporting mandated by Federal and New York State agencies is prepared accurately and submitted in a timely manner
- Overseeing and Directing the day-to-day Activity of the FRMC Finance Office: Responsibilities include manage the FRMC financial management group and directly supervising several finance staff
- Overseeing Insurance Program: Responsibilities include ensuring that necessary insurance coverage is in place to manage all potential liabilities, determining that coverage remains competitive and cost effective and taking corrective actions to mitigate risks that increase insurance costs
- Performing Other Duties: Responsibilities include completing other projects and duties as necessary and/or as may be assigned by the Board
Candidate must have a proven track record for being a visionary leader, prior experience in a growing organization and have a strong financial background and understanding of public/private finance, capital management, long and short-term debt, operating budgets, internal controls and financial management and administration following the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and US Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars.
Requires the experience and ability to manage complex transactions, working with diverse constituents, to reach organizational goals. Must be comfortable with legal documents as well as financial documents.
Talent for being a visionary, strategic thinker and possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills are required. A minimum of ten years direct experience in relevant financial roles with fiduciary responsibility required.
A Master’s degree in finance, public finance, public, business or accounting administration or related degree from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization is required.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may be subject to annual background checks. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Vice President for Finance - Fuller Road Management Corporation (FRMC) - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-28
Budget Title: Project Administrative Officer
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List