Careers > Career Details
Brief description of duties:
|Position Title: ||
Albany - Chief Information Officer
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) role is established to direct, plan, organize and control all activities for SUNY Polytechnic Institute as it pertains to administering a complex, multi-platform computing, telecommunications, networking and IT system used by students, faculty and staff. The CIO has primary responsibility for leading a customer-service focused organization responsible for the development and delivery of innovative, efficient and effective technology services and systems that support the teaching, research and public service mission. The CIO must provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development. Responsible for all aspects of the organization's information technology and systems and it is essential this role develop and implement a customer service platform to serve the organization in every aspect. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- At least 7 years Information and / or Network Administration Management with demonstrated successful previous supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of and experience in the policy, best-practices and regulatory environment pertaining to information security/technology.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of management and the user community.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with the SUNY Polytechnic Institute employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Chief Information Officer - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Item No: NANO-S-14-27
Budget Title: Director of Computing Center
Professional Rank and Salary Range: MP-3
Date to be filled: ASAP
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List