Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
|Position Title: ||
Canandaigua - MEMS Operations Director
Description of Duties:
The MEMS Operations Director will be physically located at CNSE’s Smart System Technology and Commercialization Center in the Rochester, NY area. The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Provides Technical Leadership & problem-solving to Operations personnel.
- Develops and maintains Fabrication & Packaging operation business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle and production costs.
- Works with Business Development Director to establish production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products.
- Provides guidance to the development of a production process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs and works within the ISO 9001:2008 protocol
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Coordinates activities within fabrication with customers and vendors to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews production and operating reports and works with the management team to resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Provide monthly metric analysis for utilization, scrap, quality and downtime.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of Fabrication & Packaging operations and its personnel, including process flow and documentation.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Consults with Leadership team to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university in a technical, MEMS-related engineering field (Micro-E, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Materials Science, or Physics) accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization; AND a minimum of 10 years industry-related experience. Must have business and supervisory-related experience. Must have working knowledge of MEMS fabrication and packaging processes. Ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines. Experience in managing customer, vendor and employee relationships. Strong problem solving, resource planning, negotiation and overall management skills.
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- Master’s degree from a college or university in a technical, MEMS-related engineering field (Micro-E, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Materials Science, or Physics) accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for MEMS Operations Director
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-33
Budget Title: Engineer
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List