Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
|Position Title: ||
Albany - Shipping & Receiving Associate
Description of Duties:
The Shipping & Receiving Associate will provide site-wide logistical support by managing all shipments and deliveries. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Interface with contractors to handle movement of materials in a professional manner.
- Keep dock, hallway and roadway areas clean, organized and consistent with code requirements, using hand and powered equipment.
- Support Center for Semiconductor Research (CSR) work through Albany – East Fishkill (EFK) daily shuttle (Tuesdays through Saturdays).
- Gain knowledge of Shipping & Receiving protocol to research ownership. Research location to which and to whom delivery is to occur using knowledge of corporate partners, CNSE personnel and on-line resources.
- Determine label requirements including: assembling and packing product containers, preparing and affixing shipping labels on packed cartons, or stencils identifying shipping information for cartons, skids or other storage devices in an accurate manner including any special labels that are customer required.
- Prepare all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Operate equipment to safety and productivity requirements including but not limited to: lift truck or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas; Pack, seal, and label to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools and power tools.
- Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments. Reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper; receive and process all defective parts returned for replacement or credit; maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies as needed.
- Ensure that chemical shipments are included to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) approved chemical lists; If not approved, communicate to EHS.
- Comply with all DOT, IATA and Department of Homeland Security regulations.
- Properly use safety devices as required.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials, both by hand and using online resources, with a high level of accuracy.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates. Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping and storage charges.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements, and issue instructions, for shipping and delivery of materials in a timely manner.
- Requisition and storage of shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Facilitate construction activities as concerns construction and tool delivery and work on existing buildings.
- Dispose or recycle packaging materials.
- Ensure vetting of drivers and maintenance of records.
- Adhere to the process of reporting suspicious activity to security.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent AND a minimum three years relevant experience. Must be willing to work on weekdays and weekends in support of operational needs. Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lb containers safely and efficiently; stand for the majority of the shift and work extensively outdoors; strong customer service, especially when working on confidential matters; experience with computer systems to include Microsoft Office products, i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel. Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check. Candidates must also address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Experience operating a forklift and other related equipment.
Experience with handling chemicals, be certified or ability to certify for DOT/IATA shipping regulations and requirements. Must be capable of achieving and maintaining OSHA approved forklift certification, HAZWOP, RCRA, Hazardous Waste and hoist operation certification.
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for Shipping & Receiving Associate - Albany
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-21
Budget Title: Services Worker II
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List