Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for CNSE.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Manager, Silicon Solar Strategic Business Development - Rochester
This position will be physically located at CNSE’s distributed location in the Rochester, NY area. The duties of the Manager, Silicon Solar Strategic Business Development include, but are not limited to:
- Long-term strategic plan and fund raising with focus on developing capabilities in technology that is complimentary to solar power.
- Manage reporting to Department of Energy.
- Write proposals, LOIs. And contracts for managing the development and construction of international solar farms and solar manufacturing facilities.
- Work with president to develop the IP-validation, verification and deployment services platform for solar, energy storage and energy conversion.
- Lay the ground work for strategic partnerships with research institutions and local governments.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of physics, materials science, physics, chemistry or materials engineering from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Experience with building, modifying, and maintaining thin film PVD or CVD deposition systems.
- Experience with process optimization of thin film solar materials.
- Experience with device testing and materials characterization.
- Extensive experience developing solar materials.
- Deep knowledge of growth control of photovoltaic absorbers and post-processing techniques Identify deposition techniques that are suited for deposition of novel thin film PV materials.
- 5+ years of Photovoltaic or other relevant Industrial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated academic or industrial performance.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Ms. Janice Correa
Search for Manager, Silicon Solar Strategic Business Development - Rochester
5450 Campus Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14454
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-46
Budget Title: Senior Research Support Specialist
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List