Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY Polytechnic Institute
|Position Title: ||
Troy - SUNY CNSE CMOST Part-time Community Outreach Coordinator (20 hours per week)
Description of Duties:
This position will be physically located at SUNY CNSE’s Children's Museum of Science and Technology in Troy, NY. The duties of the Part-time Community Outreach Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the director of education in planning, marketing and overseeing the Museum’s offsite outreach programming in local schools, childcare centers, social services agencies, community centers. This would include both fee-for-service as well as grant-funded offsite programming.
- Assists the director of education with tasks such as curriculum design, program planning and assessment of the Museum’s educational programs. Makes sure that all visitors have a valuable educational experience.
- Assists with in-house programming
- Provides all aspects of customer service for groups and general public
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of one year experience in teaching children…in either formal or informal settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as oral and written communications skills
- Ability to serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for the Museum
- Ability to work independently
- Physical environment is moderately paced and requires sitting for sustained periods of time as well as the ability to lift at least 50 pounds is needed. Familiarity with office software and the ability to type at least 30 words a minute is necessary.
- Availability to work occasional night or weekend hours
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (education or museum studies) from a college or university accredited by the US Dept of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Experience in program and/or curriculum design desired.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for SUNY CNSE CMOST Part-time Community Outreach Coordinator
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R14-55
Budget Title: Office Aide
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or
Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List