About Us > Faculty & Staff > Operational Staff > William S. Sprague
William S. Sprague
Associate Vice President for Security Operations and Chief of Law Enforcement Services
- B.A., Marist College, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- M.A., SUNYA, Albany, N.Y.
New York State Police: 1978 to 2012
- Uniform Trooper
- Investigator, Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI)
- Lieutenant: Uniform Force and BCI
- Captain: Uniform Force and BCI
- Major: Assigned as Troop Commander for Troop G covering 10 counties in the Capital District of NYS, and security for the State Capital and Empire Plaza in Albany, N.Y.
SUNY Delhi: 2012 to present, Adjunct Instructor, undergraduate Criminal Justice Program offered at SUNY Schenectady
Criminal Justice Consultant/Administrative Hearing Officer: 2013 to present
Boards and Professional Affiliations:
- Past: Advisory Board, Albany Crime Analysis Center
- Past: Co-Chairman, Zone 5 Counterterrorism Zone of NYS
- Present: Advisory Board, Northeast Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Capital Region
- Present: NYS Chiefs of Police
- Present: Northeast Region Chiefs of Police